Makes: 6 servings, about 2/3 cup each
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 poblano or Anaheim chile pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 2 cups diced summer squash
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, (optional)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and chile; cook, stirring, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add zucchini, summer squash and salt; cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cilantro (if using).
Per serving: 40 calories; 2 g fat ( 0 g sat , 2 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 199 mg sodium; 201 mg potassium.